Wishlist Wednesday: Pima Paws for Life
Pima Paws for Life is a 501c3 private animal shelter dedicated to creating an Adoption Guarantee Facility for dog and cats.
What is an Adoption Guarantee Facility? It is where every animal is guaranteed a home, unless they are suffering with no hope of recovery or have behavioral problems so severe that they are a threat to the safety of others. Pima Paws for Life believes that every animal’s life has value- every life matters.
There is a great need in the Tucson community and Pima Paws for Life has a big wish – to remain open. They have reached a critical point with financial resources and cannot continue without donations. PPFL focuses on taking in dogs and cats with medical needs, which incur extra veterinary care costs before going to their forever homes.
For as little as $10 a month (33 cents a day), help them continue saving lives. Or any donation would be greatly appreciated.
They also need in-kind donations in order to keep the shelter humming. These donations are accepted at the PPFL shelter located at 2555 W. Zinnia Avenue, Tucson, 85705, daily from 7 to 11 am and 3 to 7 pm.
Ongoing need for these items: (Pick up some items next time you go to Costco)
- Low dust, NON-clumping cat litter
- Canned cat/kitten food (Classic Pate)
- Canned cat/kitten food with gravy (Friskies grilled and shreds)
- Cat toys/scratchers
- Bath Mats (for kitty condos)
- Laundry detergent
- Fabric softener
- Dryer sheets
- Original Dawn dish soap
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Puppy Pads
- Kirkland GROUND canned dog food (Costco)
- Kirkland Nature’s Domain Grain Free (yellow bag) Dry food (Costco)
- Natural Balance limited ingredient with chicken and sweet potatoes (canned and dry)
- Nature’s Recipe grain free chicken and sweet potatoes dry dog food
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- FRESH PET dog food (refrigerator section – cheapest at Target or WalMart)
- Baby Food (Beef, Chicken, Turkey or Sweet Potato w/ NO SEASONINGS)
- BRAUN lens covers for ear thermometer
- Latex Gloves (small and medium)
- Large Ziploc storage/freezer bags
- Tall kitchen trash bags
- 39 Gallon heavy duty trash bags
- Odoban disinfectant
- Fleece blankets
- Dog/cat beds
- Slip leads
- Chew-proof dog toys of all sizes, such as Kongs and Nylabones
- Training treats (NO CHINA made treats please)
- Purina Busy Bone Dog Treats (Medium to Large)
- Gift Cards: Home Depot, Petsmart/Pet Club, Target/Walmart, Staples/OfficeMax (any unwanted gift cards you have that you would like to donate, we will happily accept and make good use of.)
Check out their AMAZON Wishlist for more ideas:
Tax-deductible receipt available upon request